Well, as the sun rises on April 27, 2011, I am one day closer to graduation and still jobless without any calls. I'm praying and seeking God to find me a job with my degree that he has planned for two reasons. One, I don't want to do a job that he doesn't want me too and second I have very little money left to my name and need income ASAP. Meanwhile, Aden and I are packing up everything we own to move back to SC. I am so excited but also terrified. Keeping the faith that God will provide me a job soon is a daily chore that I struggle with on a regular basis. I am trying my very hard to trust him each day, give my worries, and stack of things that need money to do to him to handle. Right now I truly believe I am learning patience. All I can do is apply, pray, and wait. The last part is the worst one! I don't want to wait. I want it now.I honestly feel like there is a giant mountain in front of me! Most days I have faith and know God will take care of it but today I feel so defeated. My mom gave me some amazing advice, "focus on what you can be thankful for instead of what you are missing. Be thankful for things like gas in the car, lights on in the house, food on the table, and you are finished with college. This is supposed to be a happy time". That is the best advice I've heard in a while.
Verse of the day
Mark 11:22-23
22. "Have faith in God," Jesus answered. 23. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment