Today after a long week of lolligagging I finally got down to business with the packing. I've decided to pack one room each day to make things go by faster and not seem overwhelming. So, today I tackled our second guest bedroom. The first guest bedroom (the storage room) was never unpacked the last time we moved. The second guest bedroom is the room with most of our dvds, knick knacks, and extra stuff. Therefore, it was one of the ones that needed to be done first.While going through all 15 boxes, I made some long lost discoveries. I found, pictures from when I was 11, on vacation, from High school graduation, Aden's Marine graduation, the wedding, and so much more. It was like a mini trip down memory lane. I really felt like God was using this not only as an opportunity to get some things put away but to remind me of the many blessings I have, and how much I've overcome. One of my favorite discoveries was the Ya Ya book I started with one of my best friends many years ago. We've been through some pretty hard times since then, and I honestly thought I threw it away. However, there it was to remind me that God may allow us to go through hard times but in the end its for his glory. Another one of my favorite discoveries was the pictures of my husband and I at different stages in our relationship. I found the first pic we ever had made together, one at our high school graduation, his graduation from the Marines, the wedding, the honeymoon, and the list goes on. There it was a little picture trail of just a few things God has done for me.
While packing up the second guest bedroom I also discovered a few of my puppies favorite toys, I thought were lost. When I pulled them out of the box, and handed them to my dogs, it was like Christmas morning. They were so excited.This morning my husband also had to go down to New Bern to finish up his Compass test for college to see which Math and English to take. So, I was home packing what needed to be done for the day alone. At first, this made me very ill, and I did not want to do it. However, once I got started I saw why GOD planned it that way. First, I had plenty of quiet time to work and get the boxes complete before 1:15 just before the storms hit. Second, he is trying to remind me by allowing me to reflect on the past that he holds the future. He already knows which job is out there for me, and it will be revealed in his time. Basically, "Mel, I've got it handled".
Now, its about 4pm and the Storms are pretty bad outside. The rain is falling hard, the thunder is booming, and the lightning is intense. However, my whole family is safe inside our apartment together. We have food to eat for supper, the power is on, its a great temperature in the house, and we have God to thank for all of it. I guess my mom was right (she usually is). I do have a lot to be thankful for.
Verse of the day:
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.Deuteronomy 31:6
No comments:
Post a Comment