Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Investing Incorrectly

This week I have refrained from blogging because of a strong struggle with a personal storm in my life not related to job searching.I've mentioned it in previous blogs but not in detail. Therefore I am going to continue with this motto here. My husband and I have had a rough week and instead of going to God at first I went to the world. I decided to run my mouth, spend money I really don't need to spend, sometimes just be lazy, and used every outlet I had to try and fix the problem. However, the whole time I was trying to avoid God and in some ways blame him for the situation. However, tonight my mom confronted me! Why is this happening, why are you going places all the time when you have no money? To be honest I was running, trying to escape our problems, trying to for one sec to pretend that they don't exist by going going going ? I am not one to throw away money and honestly I couldn't believe I was doing it in the situation we are in. However,I was. Dinner here,dinner there and an oh this is only 10 dollars. Granted, we only ended up spending about 60 dollars in all that we really didn't need to spend but with gas and all that turned into about a hundred. I cannot believe it. I am so thankful that God has provided us with enough this month to still have money for a date, and our bills through his blessing from our income from the VA.

Tonight, I made a change instead or running, being depressed, and feeling defeated I decided to be honest about how I was feeling and let my mom know. After a short phone conversation with her, I spent an hour playing card games with my hubby,and then we had a devotion time together. This was exactly what GOD wanted. I could already feel the peace creeping in as I read the devotion, and verses off the page. I could feel God in the room. The day started out disappointing and I definitely was not following God with my actions. I cannot believe I was wasting money but I also know it was the devil luring us into a bad situation. Every money situation we have ever been in has not been because we wasted money but because we just never had enough to begin with so this was definitely out of character for me. I am so thankful God has given me a new beginning tonight, and a new outlook. This week has been the hardest week I've experienced in a long time but I know that God is in control of my job search, my marriage, my situation, and everything in general. I am so thankful he woke me up before I spent the money we needed to pay bills. I definitely won't be doing this again!

Tonight, I am so thankful for my husband, my family, my puppies, my home, food, and I'm thankful that God is working. So, tomorrow is a new day and a new opportunity to share the love of Christ and I can't wait.

33These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment