Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Six Flags, Noah, and Gods blessings!

Last Friday, I went to Six Flags as a chaperone for the youth. I had 4 amazing youth in my group throughout the day. We rode roller coasters, regular rides and even saw a show. It was a ton of fun to see how many different personalities are represented in the youth. Each one has a different gift and a different need. I love working with them. On Saturday I spent the day resting and recuperating from the whip lash, and exhaustion from the day before. Ashton joined me on the trip and was exhausted as well. I think we all were.

Sunday morning at church we discussed how to trust God with money,and trusting him to provide. I had no idea that God was preparing me for a rough week. So many things have gone wrong, tears have been shed, and frustration was back full force after over a week of peace. Last night, my devotion was about how Noah trusted ,obeyed, and built the ark. The world was going crazy and he stepped out in faith. God provided. Yesterday we received some unpleasant  financial news that made me feel extremely defeated. God is telling me he is still in control no matter what the circumstances.

This week has been difficult but God is still in control. I am blessed to have a home, a wonderful husband, a great family, food to eat, and so much more. I guess I needed a reminder.Thank you Lord for always having it under control. This post is all over the place today but I am so thankful to have a new day to praise the Lord.

 Thus Noah did; according to all that God commanded him.
Genesis 6:22

No comments:

Post a Comment