Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day Week Blessings

       This week has been a blessing. On Sunday at church we discussed investing in Others as part of the Sunday School lesson. The lesson was about how when Saul became Paul he took on a new life and the old one was left behind. However, many people doubted if he really changed and many were still terrified of him. This lesson has been in the back of my mind all week as I've continued my bible study and seeking God as to what he has planned for me next!
 On Monday, we had our memorial cook out and the whole family attended. I also invited Kelly over for the festivities. We swam, relaxed in the pool, ate hamburgers and home made ice cream. It was a great day. Throughout the rest of the week God has really been speaking to me about how he has plans to use me to help a great deal of people and I just need to be patient and wait on his time. He has also used my daily bible study to allow me an insight into what he has planned. He has also opened the opportunity for me to sing in the choir and work with the youth in the mean time. God also placed a man in my dad;s path who is assisting me with my job search. My dad had to go on a business trip this week and during a long layover God allowed him to meet a career service specialist from a local college. After, a short conversation he offered to help me with my job search. Aden, also received his eligibility letter from Veteran's affairs for his GI Bill benefits this week, and has another appointment to help with his medicines next week. The job sites are booming more than ever since the beginning of June and I am filled with Faith that things are looking up. God is amazing and I am very thankful for his plan for my life. I am also thankful for the my husband's support and the support of my family and friends during this time. God is in control! I just have to keep the faith one day at a time.

Hebrews 11:1
 1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment