Tuesday, May 3, 2011

$The five loaves and two fish$

Yesterday an amazing thing happened. My mom read my blog. She was actually proud of me for starting a daily journal/ blog that records my journey  to trust God each day. I also accidentally forgot to add a verse to yesterdays post so today I will add two. Today, I logged on  to find that I have two new followers and they are both amazing ladies whose blogs I look forward to reading. I am not writing this post to brag but as a way to share my excitement that the Lord is already using my blog in some small way. It makes my heart sing.

Today is Tuesday and my parents will be here day after tomorrow. Can I just say that excitement does not describe how ECSTATIC I really am that we are moving HOME. Each day that it gets closer, the more trouble I have sleeping at night. However, right now that actually works out to give me more time to pack. Today, God blessed us with a wonderful surprise. My husbands mom announced she is gifting us a little money to help with this rough time. It was quite a sweet surprise and thank yous do not explain how grateful I am that my mother in law cares about us so much that she would find it in her heart to help. Second, my husband and I went to Walmart for what seemed like the 100th time to get bins to finish up packing. They honestly cost about the same amount as those cardboard boxes and last much longer. Therefore, of course bargain finder Melody just had to have them. As I was checking out at the register I realized something. Jesus has been multiplying our finances and has ALWAYS come through.

A few days ago I wrote a post where I revealed we only have 300 dollars in this world. However, in the last few days our family has been a vessel for God's will in mine and my husband's life. It reminded me of how Jesus fed a huge crowd by multiplying only five loaves and two fish. My Lord is so amazing that he can feed all those people with such a little amount of food and now he is using our family to bless us.We are also blessed to be getting back money from our security deposit at the apartment, Aden's Gi-bill for his school, and we even have a house to go to when we get back. He really is working. I can truly see it. I know he has a job for me. Even if for the summer I have to work in retail til the SC budget is complete I no longer have a problem with that. God is taking care of us each day because he's already in all of them. My point is ,I have no reason to worry or doubt but I still struggle with both. Its so hard for me to truly let go. I look forward to seeing what he has in store for tomorrow!

Verses of the day:
Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke them. Then he gave them to the disciples to set before the people.They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basket fulls of broken pieces that were left over. Luke 9:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment