Friday, May 13, 2011

One room at a time and the Polar Bear

This morning my husband and I started the day with a million things to do. The morning began with a call to the local Veterans affairs office to begin the process of transferring all of his information from our former office in North Carolina to our local office in South Carolina.I had originally planned to just drive to the new VA office but then decided a phone call before hand would save gas if there was additional information needed prior to an available appointment. I was correct! The VA began the 3 day long process of transferring Aden's entire medical history to an office near our house in SC. I was very relieved because he needs help from them with his service related medical problems ASAP. After the initial phone call I called Greenville tech to schedule an appointment with Financial Aid only to discover they close on early on Friday. So, I walked to the mail box to send the additional Veterans information necessary for my husband to get his GI bill off to Georgia. Mimi was nice enough to supply the  legal envelope because all of mine are still packed up in one of the 10 or so boxes I have yet to go through.

Shortly after, Aden and I went for a date lunch at Bronco. I could already tell he was beginning to have a bad day. I was correct and his affect did not improve the rest of the day. I left him to fiddle around on every game system and computer game we own while I began working on the house a little more. About an hour and a half in, I realized with each box I unpack the more the mess increases. I need help! So, I called my mother and she and my grandmother came to the rescue. By 4:00pm the kitchen, and dining area were completely set up and more boxes were unpacked. During the entire unpacking process of the afternoon it was obvious that all three Women in this family were frustrated (some more than others). Its almost like this lack of finances, and continued difficulty is a sickness that has taken over our attitudes sometimes. When things that would normally be aggravating happen, it automatically triggers extreme frustration because of my lack of job and lack of finances. Its ridiculous!

Aden was still not feeling the greatest, so we decided not to attend the Greenville Drive game as we originally intended. This totally shocked  me because baseball is his favorite sport...especially this time of year. Although, I'm very tired of how things are and of the constant dealings with the Polar Bear syndrome as I jokingly call it that my husband deals with only a daily basis. However, I can see progress. God is working. I just feel like each day it gets more difficult to keep my faith. Each day that passes without a call for an interview, or each day where my husband and I have another spat because we're worried again. Each day that Aden has a bad day with his medical problems, and more causes me to have to work harder to trust God. My soul, body, and mind are all totally exhausted. However, I'm very thankful for a loving husband, a great family, and friends who are in this with. Oh and I can't forget my sweet little puppies who are oblivious to all of this and always try to make me smile. I guess I just have to continue to take it one day at time.

The Lord is my strength and my shield: My heart trusted in him.
Psalm 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment