Sunday, May 1, 2011

I said yes to the dresses!

Well, today has been an interesting day. My original plan was church then going to search for graduation dresses. However, I was so exhausted I accidentally set no alarm and overslept so it became just a search for graduation dresses. My parents graciously offered to buy both dresses. I was very happy to hear this since money is so scarce these days.

My adventure began with an hour long marathon of dress attempts at Cato. After trying on 8 dresses, and combing every inch of the store. I found a classy print dress. Then, I headed to the mall where I meticulously combed through Belk and JCPenney, and tried on two dresses. Belk, had absolutely nothing classy in my size. However, JCPenney came through with a classic polka dot dress that is a wonderful take on the Julia Roberts dress in Pretty woman with a modern look. I feel so confident in both of them and it made the trip worth while.

This week, I've decided I will not worry, I will dread. God has allowed me to accomplish so much and this is a celebration of those accomplishments. I'm very happy that I was able to find dresses, undergarments, pantyhose, and earrings all today. Now, I have a coupon to find a pair of shoes later in the week and my excitement for graduation is mounting. I'm so thankful for all the blessings he has given me and thank him for all the blessings he has for the future.


Verse of the day:
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment