Thursday, May 19, 2011

Jesus buys lunch

Today,
Aden and I intended to visit the Financial Aid office, Bookstore, and Parking Office at Greenville Tech. However, that is not what God had planned. The moment we arrived at Greenville Tech I received a phone call regarding financial assistance we applied for during this dark time to help with money. I was told I would be able to get the necessary help today if we could get to Spartanburg before the afternoon. I was very excited because I had been praying about this for almost a week and the hubby and I began our trip to Spartanburg from Greenville. 

In Greenville, we discovered gas for 3.35 and would you believe with 25 dollars the car was almost 3/4ths of a tank full. I'm glad because God knew we were in for a long day! Still in Greenville we decided to stop and get McDonald's for lunch. (Unhealthy but oh so yummy...FRAPPE=AMAZING) Anyway, after ordering and pulling up to the drive thru to pay, the attendant announced something amazing. The people in front of us anonymously payed for our lunch. All $15. They had no idea who we were and I never even saw their faces but it was amazing. We both smiled and realized Jesus just used an anonymous person to provide for us yet again. We made it to Spartanburg in time to pick up what we needed and by this time it was gaining on 3 O'Clock.

At 3:00 Aden made a frustrating discovery. The car would not start again because the battery will not remain charged.  There has been speculation over what the actual problem with my car is and all  proposed solutions seemed expensive. The first time it broke down, I replaced the battery and the problem was temporarily fixed. Second, I replaced the alternator.  Third,I purchased a second new battery (bought at 3am on the side of the road on the way back to NC). Fourth, I prayed because I was alone at work and had no way to reach anybody and it came back on. This time, I had given up and figured we were in for an expensive fix. After a few minutes of griping I called AAA. They showed up within 30 minutes and revealed the problem is corroded battery cables, jumped our battery and we were on the way home. God yet again came through because cables are the cheapest fix of all the things other technicians suggested. 

At home, my dad replaced the cables and the car is doing fine.  Mimi, grandaddy, daddy, mama, Aden, and I all went out to a nice dinner at Demeter's and enjoyed some family time thanking God for all the cool things he has done and is going to do. Although today was crazy, God has yet again come through to help us in our time of need.

Tomorrow morning we are taking a second trip to Greenville tech and I couldn't be more thankful. God has allowed Aden to go to college, continues to take care of us, and I doubt him. Doesn't make sense does it? I can't wait to see the answer to all the prayers going up for my Social Work job. He definitely reminded me today that prayers are answered in his time. God is amazing! 


 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 
1 Corinthians 10:31
(I believe I may have used this verse before but it is so fitting to today!)

1 comment:

  1. This is very encouraging. Like you, I am unemployed (in my case, for over a year). Waiting on God's timing can be extraordinarily hard. But He is there, He does care, and there is a purpose for every minute of waiting...

    Even if I can't see it everyday. Thanks for the encouragement, and I know God will come through in time for you.

    ReplyDelete