The job search continues and with the job search comes nerves, tears, and frustration. Last night was definitely rough. My husband, dad, mom, uncle and I all sat around discussing rent, bills, and other joyous things that take money.It was evident my mom and I were the most frustrated out of the group and were a little snippy with each other. I honestly feel like I've been applying everywhere under the sun from Social work jobs to Rite Aid. I'm working hard to get a job, even if its a temporary one to hold me until I find the one I really want. Therefore, I absolutely snapped. On our way back to the house I broke down crying while my husband held my hand. He said, "Baby please don't cry things will get better. Everyone is just frustrated". Although, I know this very well it is still very difficult for me to deal with. I worked very hard for many years and I finally have the Social Work degree that I believe God wanted me to achieve. Now, I am in the waiting stage.
My mom says, "God is teaching you something". I'm beginning to think he's teaching me patience. I'm horrible at being patient especially when patience is coupled with uncertainty. My faith in the fact that I will get a job in a social work job soon has been wavering but today I choose to believe it. Last night I applied for 5 jobs. I truly want a job working for SAFY. I called this morning and the manager is reviewing my resume. Now time to wait and pray. I really feel drawn to the position. So, we shall see. Although I feel like my degree is two huge steps forward. I feel like I'm taking one step back because I don't have a job yet and sometimes I doubt God regarding the subject.
Today the tears have cleared, and I awoke renewed.My daddy sent me an e-mail to remind me he is praying for us. It definitely made my day. Aden starts Greenville Tech tomorrow and I'm so happy for him. He is studying Culinary arts and is so excited. I am so happy for him. We are truly blessed and just have to keep the faith.
He will swallow up death forever.
The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces;
he will remove his people’s disgrace from all the earth.The LORD has spoken.
Isaiah 25:8
Melody,
ReplyDeleteKeep waiting darlin'. I completely understand the frustration. Right now I am beyond frustrated and have moved on to disapointment. I know there is a job out there for me (and for you) but even though I know I am trying, I have nothing to show for it and that bugs me. So we just have to stick together and keep each other positive. Everything will work out.
See you soon,
Samantha